Overall duties at Women Building Futures:
• Created and managed the social media strategy for the organization
• Managed the company’s online web page and reported on social and online analytics
• Responsible for branding and editing internal and external documents within the organization
• Wrote content for the website, internal and external documents, promotional items and press releases
• Coordinated PR events within the organization and represented the company at outside events
• Designed and edited documents in Photoshop and Indesign
• Coordinated the purchasing and ordering of promotional materials
• Developed social media policies for the organization
***During my time at the organization, I, along with the assistance of my Director ran the Marketing Department for three months during my Managers absence. While she was gone, I was the main contact and looked after all marketing materials in the organization.
Press event with Finance Minister Joe Ceci
During the absence of my Manager, I took over many of the responsibilities of the marketing department, which at the time included arranging this press event with the Ministry of Finances communications team and our organization.
The event was well received, and we were able to have 8 news outlets in attendance at the time of the announcement. Below are a couple of the stories written about our organization and the pre-budget announcement.
Social media plan & strategy
One of my primary duties at WBF was looking after the online site as well as creating social media messaging to promote the organization. This included writing the strategy for the then social media site, Facebook, as well as future strategic plans including Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram. During my time with the organization, I was able to increase the companies social presence on Facebook from 4000 to just over 9000 (within a one and a half year span; with almost no ad money), as well as increase the traffic to our website; with half of it being from social sites.
Press release example
Link to full press release women-building-futures-and-transcanada-partnership-announcement